Campfire Camaraderie

Just as the campfire back at any hunting camp is the setting for many lively discussions, shared experiences, and riveting storytelling; this blog is designed to allow me to share with you all of my latest hunts, articles, video or TV projects, and all the other exciting things happening with me, Trevon Stoltzfus and www.westernbiggamehunter.com.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Ontario Bear Hunt 2009
















I was invited to join Durk Stark of Kicking Bear ( http://www.kickingbear.org/) on an awesome black bear hunt in Ontario Canada with The Bear Camp. Durk ran camera for me and he was able to take a great bear that I initially passed on the first night. (The funny thing was we switched jobs as I became his cameraman and he shot a nice boar with a perfect kill shot - the biggest bear taken that week in camp) On the 4th night I finally arrowed a great bear with an awesome white V on his chest, and even though he was a little smaller than Durk's I was very pleased to have gotten two great kills on video for Outback Outdoors and Hardcore Hunting TV (You can watch the fall bear hunt unfold on http://www.outbackoutdoors.net/ Webisode 7).










We also had some amazing walleye fishing catching 300 walleyes in 3 hours between 4 guys. This was a hunt that was donated by The Bear Camp and auctioned off as a benefit for Kicking Bear and bought by La Crosse Archery in Lacrosse WI (http://www.lacrossearchery.com/). It was a great time and went to support a great cause!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home