Campfire Camaraderie

Just as the campfire back at any hunting camp is the setting for many lively discussions, shared experiences, and riveting storytelling; this blog is designed to allow me to share with you all of my latest hunts, articles, video or TV projects, and all the other exciting things happening with me, Trevon Stoltzfus and www.westernbiggamehunter.com.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Colorado, United States

Friday, September 12, 2008

It's Go Time!!





The time is finally here and bowhunting season is in full swing. I have already been on 2 hunts in Colorado and leave this weekend for my mountain goat hunt.


My first hunt was in SE CO with my buddy Jace Bauserman and we had a blast! Unfortunately it rained a ton and our plan was to hunt and video over waterholes in the normally dry and flat prairie country aroung La Junta, CO. It was not to be and although the conditions were hard and we didn't harvest an antelope on this trip my buddy Jace Bauserman and Marc Smith both arrowed bomber bucks later in the season. (see pics attached)


Next I headed to NW CO to hunt public land elk with my good friend Gil Ruybal and left the camera in the truck. We called in some great bulls but just wasn't able to get that perfect shot placement we wanted, but that is bowhunting! Regardless of the end result it was great to get into God's creation and remember what it is about this style of hunting that we love! (see pics of camp attached)


I now head into the high elevation of Colorado with my dad (he will be rolling camera for me) to hunt my dream animal - CO mountain goats and then on to Montana for elk. Check back soon for more updates and pics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home